Many teams across the global FIRST community are embracing our #FIRSTLikeAGirl program, and have asked us how they can do more. Their enthusiasm for the movement inspired us to create the #FIRSTLikeAGirl Ambassador Program.
Ambassadors are making this campaign their own by making buttons & signs at their home competitions, thereby changing the culture in their own countries. As we all strive to build stronger relationships, we develop a more united FIRST community of sustainable teams that support each other.
- 4-H Exploding Bacon Robotics FRC 1902
- FTC 7593
- Power Hawks: FRC 1111, FTC 3583, 3796, 5178, Maryland US
- Miss Calculation FTC 11985
- FRC 4816
- FRC 2642
- Columbus Space Program FRC 4188
- The Spikes FRC 2212, Israel
- Pink Hawks FRC 6606, Mexico
- Mulan FRC 7529
- FRC Florya Bisons 6282, Turkey
Ambassador teams are actively engaged in their communities to promote the #FIRSTLikeAGirl campaign and encourage girls in FIRST by making buttons and videos.
Their active participation in this campaign helps girls find role models with whom they can identify and be inspired by to continue in the progression of FIRST.
- Understand the FIRST progression of programs
- Have knowledge about both the robot and business sides of their team
- Are passionate about sharing their story and encouraging girls in STEM
In their community, Ambassadors can:
- Work directly with competitions to promote #FIRSTLikeAGirl
- Download signs and button templates and create their own to share at their events
- Contact local FLL Jr. and FLL regional partners about helping events in their area
- Attend FLL and FLL Jr. competitions with their robot
- Talk to girls about FTC and FRC teams in their area and opportunities for them to continue in FIRST
- Visit teams or create #FIRSTLikeAGirl opportunities to connect FIRST girls in their area through social meetups
- Add a #FIRSTLikeAGirl outreach page to your website, like Minotaur 1369, http://middletonrobotics
.com/firstlikeagirl/, The Spikes 2212 and Pink Hawks 6066