Since 2016, FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge, and FIRST Robotics Competition teams across the global FIRST community have embraced our #FIRSTLikeAGirl program!
Over the years and even throughout the pandemic, many teams reached out to the founding team, Exploding Bacon 1902 and asked how they could do more to build the #FIRSTLikeAGirl movement. Their enthusiasm inspired us to create the #FIRSTLikeAGirl Ambassador Program.
Ambassadors are making this campaign their own by sharing their stories and making buttons, and signs for their home regions and competitions, thereby changing the culture in their own countries. As we all strive to build stronger relationships, we develop a more united FIRST community of sustainable teams that support each other.
2021-22 #FIRSTLikeAGirl Ambassadors
- FTC 7593 NDB TigerBots, California USA
- FRC 1902 Exploding Bacon, Florida USA
- FRC 5993 Istech Robotic Society, Turkey
- FRC 6232 Florya Bisons, Turkey
- FRC 4188 Columbus Space Program, Georgia USA
- FRC 2212 The Spikes, Israel
- FRC 1622 Team Spyder and PHS SWENext Chapter, South California USA
- FLL 428 Thunderbots, Sacramento CA USA
- FTC 11770 Curiosity, Los Angeles CA USA
- FRC 1160 Titanium Robotics, San Marino CA USA
- FRC 5572 ROSBOT Rottweilers, San Antonio TX USA
- FRC 5588 Reign Robotics, Seattle WA USA
- FRC 1374 Amped Up Robotics, Oakville Ontario Canada
Ambassador teams are actively engaged in their communities to promote the #FIRSTLikeAGirl campaign and encourage girls in FIRST by making buttons and videos.
Their active participation in this campaign helps girls find role models with whom they can identify and be inspired by to continue in the progression of FIRST.
- Understand the FIRST progression of programs
- Have knowledge about both the robot and business sides of their team
- Are passionate about sharing their story and encouraging girls in STEM
In their community, Ambassadors can:
- Work directly with competitions to promote #FIRSTLikeAGirl
- Download signs and button templates and create their own to share at their events
- Contact local FLL Jr. and FLL regional partners about helping events in their area
- Attend FLL and FLL Jr. competitions with their robot
- Talk to girls about FTC and FRC teams in their area and opportunities for them to continue in FIRST
- Visit teams or create #FIRSTLikeAGirl opportunities to connect FIRST girls in their area through social meetups
- Add a #FIRSTLikeAGirl outreach page to your website.