Many teams across the global FIRST community are embracing our #FIRSTLikeAGirl program, and have asked us how they can do more. Their enthusiasm for the movement inspired us to create the #FIRSTLikeAGirl Ambassador Program.
Ambassadors are making this campaign their own by making buttons & signs at their home competitions, thereby changing the culture in their own countries. As we all strive to build stronger relationships, we develop a more united FIRST community of sustainable teams that support each other.
- FTC Sonic Screwdrivers 11574, Nevada US
- FRC Pink Hawks 6606, Mexico
- FRC Spikes 2212, Israel
- FRC Florya Bisons 6282, Turkey
- FRC 1111 PowerHawks, Maryland US
Their active participation in this campaign helps girls find role models with whom they can identify and be inspired by to continue in the progression of FIRST.
- Understand the FIRST progression of programs
- Have knowledge about both the robot and business sides of their team
- Are passionate about sharing their story and encouraging girls in STEM
In their community, Ambassadors can:
- Work directly with competitions to promote #FIRSTLikeAGirl
- Download signs and button templates and create their own to share at their events
- Contact local FLL Jr. and FLL regional partners about helping events in their area
- Attend FLL and FLL Jr. competitions with their robot
- Talk to girls about FTC and FRC teams in their area and opportunities for them to continue in FIRST
- Visit teams or create #FIRSTLikeAGirl opportunities to connect FIRST girls in their area through social meetups
- Add a #FIRSTLikeAGirl outreach page to your website, like Minotaur 1369, http://middletonrobotics